The Agricultural Lending Practice Group at Markus Williams Young & Zimmermann includes attorneys with an enviable track record representing agricultural and agribusiness interests and defending clients’ rights.
Our attorneys have the expertise and experience it takes to navigate the highly complex business and legal issues facing lenders to the agricultural sector. This experience includes years of involvement in structuring, negotiating and documenting loans to both family and large production operations, including farms, ranches, feedlots, dairies, and processing units.
Markus Williams Young & Zimmermann is a full-service firm that includes attorneys who specialize in bankruptcy and restructuring. The experience that these attorneys bring to workouts, liquidations, and bankruptcies, combined with a strong understanding of our clients’ business objectives, helps us to assess potential problem issues that may later emerge during the borrower-lender relationship.
How Can We Help?
- Our agricultural lending lawyers assist banks, lenders, special servicers, secured creditors and unsecured creditors with loan structuring, negotiation and documentation issues.
- When it comes to structuring loans, our transaction attorneys rely on the expertise of the firm’s Bankruptcy and Restructuring practice group for advice on how to approach potential issues on the front end before they occur.
- If an agricultural loan goes into default, our experienced agricultural lending lawyers can work with lenders and borrowers to restructure the loan in a manner that is designed not only to protect the lender's rights, but also to optimize the borrower’s chances at success.
- If a workout is not feasible, our attorneys will work hard to pursue applicable lender remedies in state or federal courts.
- In the event a borrower files for bankruptcy, our Bankruptcy and Restructuring attorneys will work with the lender to protect collateral and obtain the best possible results.
Why Markus Williams Young & Zimmermann?
The attorneys at Markus Williams Young & Zimmermann are uniquely positioned to assist lenders in avoiding problems before they happen and pursuing the appropriate remedies if they do. Our attorneys specialize in creditors’ rights, business bankruptcies, loan workouts and restructurings, commercial litigation, and representation of creditors and financial institutions in federal, state, and bankruptcy courts. Our attorneys are licensed to practice not just in Colorado, Wyoming and Utah, but also in Texas, California and Illinois, giving you the advantage of having a truly national firm working for you.